Click on the links to view our current employment opportunities.
Seeking Mary Poppins for our Preschool Team
Are you eager to share a sense of wonder with your students? Do you want to work in a beautiful, light-filled setting with a magical team of dedicated co-teachers? If you, similar to Mary Poppins, believe that in everything that must be done – there is an element of fun, we’d love to invite you to join our dynamic team at Davis Community School. If you believe children thrive when their days are filled with creativity through the arts and experiences connecting them to the natural world, then our school may be just the place for you to drift in on your umbrella. We are seeking a licensed early childhood educator or a candidate that is currently progressing toward licensure.
Davis Community School is located in South Burlington and is part of Davis Art Studio. Our preschool offers a unique arts-rich, play-based program designed for joyful, authentic, and meaningful connections with students and their families. We value nature and the environment. Our school’s backyard is full of wooded trails. We are inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy which views children as inquisitive learners who are deeply curious and capable. Teachers design invitations to spark creativity and help students grow in confidence. We develop emergent curricula, responding to and encouraging the ever-evolving interests of our students.
- Our opening is for a 7.5-hour shift, M-F from 10:30 am – 6:00 pm, including a paid 30-minute lunch break (seriously, wouldn’t you like to sleep in for a change or have time for your morning workout?)
- Collaborate with your co-teachers to create a positive, nurturing, and encouraging classroom environment.
- Follow a daily schedule for students that includes free play, activity time, community gathering, lunch, rest time, and outdoor opportunities.
- Plan engaging invitations and activities such as singing, dancing, painting, gardening, cooking, and building,
- Maintain appropriate expectations of all students while appreciating differences.
- Model behaviors such as self-expression, joy, creativity, kindness, courage, and respect.
- Keep our space clean, tidy, and organized.
- Embrace the use of natural materials and loose parts.
- Emphasize students’ social and emotional development and skill-building
- Record student progress using Teaching Strategies Gold and through building student portfolios
- Continue to grow and learn by understanding and implementing research-based best practices in early childhood education.
- Attend team trainings and participate in professional development courses.
- Post photos and initiate other online communications with families.
- Collaborate and meet with parents and caregivers regularly.
- Dental & Vision Insurance (100% covered by Davis Studio)
- 6 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Davis Studio Class & Tuition Discounts
- Simple Retirement Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Annual Professional Development Stipend
Salary: $38,000 – $42,000 (depending on experience and licensing status)
At least one of the following:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree with a major or concentration in Education with an Early Childhood focus.
- At least twelve (12) months of experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger.
- Hold a current Vermont Agency of Education teaching license with an endorsement in Early Childhood, Early Childhood Special Education, or Elementary Education.
- Preference will be given to Licensed Teachers and those pursuing or open to pursuing Licensure.
Substitute Teacher for our Preschool and Community School (Pre-K–5)
Davis Studio in South Burlington has a dream team of educators across our many programs in both our Education and Art Departments. But even magical teachers need time off —- SO WE NEED YOU to fill in for them.
Our Education department consists of three multi-age classrooms in the Davis Community School: PreK through 5th grade. All our programming is Reggio Emilia-inspired and arts-rich. We value deep connections with students, staff, and families and incorporate nature and creativity in all we do. We are inspired to find daily joy and let curiosity build our curriculum.
The ideal substitute teacher would hold relative training or coursework, have a high regard for play as a child’s work, and have valuable experience as a facilitator of learning. We are looking for substitutes with availability over the summer to sub in our preschool summer program, with an interest in continuing as a substitute in the fall for both Davis Studio preschool and elementary classes.
Job Type: Part-time/On-Call
Salary: $19.00 – $20.00 per hour depending on experience
- Flexible schedule
- 4-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Education/Teaching: 1 year (Required)